Mar 22, 2013

Yeombulsa Temple


Long time no post. 
Spring has com here in Korea. 
Warm wind, blue sky, blooming flowers.... I can't help falling love with spring season. :-)


Today, I am going to write about Yeombulsa Temple which is located in Anyang city that I live in, near Seoul. I usaully go for a walk there with my mother. Most people who travel in Korea whether locals or foreigners don't know much about this simple but beautiful temple.
The temple is halfway up the mt.Samseongsan. Actually, it takes only 20-25min by walk from the beginning, so It is quite easy to go there. I can strongly say that this place is my best place and I am so happy to know this temple exists around my place. I could relieve myself whenever I am there.









































Since many people hike up this mountain on the weekend, there are many restaurant around Anyang art park. 
This restaurant is on the way to Yeombulsa temple. When you see this resaurant in the picture, it means you are nearly the temple. :-)



















































 My mom is on the way to the temple ♥


















































Ok, here we are. :-)
There stands big fine trees and rock benches at the temple. Whenever I arrive the temple, I sit on the rock and take a long breath in fresh air. 
By the way, Can you see small stones which is piled up in the picture? It is superstitions and we, Korean believe it will bring us luck. 




































The temple is simple and beautiful.
Especailly, there is the great view from this temple.
The picuture on the left you can see wooden stairs. I strongly recommnad you to go up there and look at the view from up there.  It is spectacular(for me).



















































Also, there is a stone statue of buddha up there.
People used to pray their wishes in there including me. :-) 



















































And this is the view I can see by walking up the stairs. 
Since Yeombulsa temple is in downtown Anyang city, I can feel calm and peaceful in my heart when i am at the temple, getting out of busy city life.

I do not normally recommand this temple because I wanna keep here as my secret place.
However, Hope you can visit and see this beautiful temple when you have a plan to visit Korea.  You will fall in love with here same like me. :-)


I took these picuture in February. So there are still snow in these pictures but it is not now. Everytime the weather change, it has its own beauty. I will post the temple with spring season one day. :-)







**
If you have a plan to visit Yeombulsa temple :

Take the subway line number 1 (or dark blue line), get off Gwanak station (also it is called Anyang Art Park) and Take exit 2 of the station. 
Go to the Anyang art park and then follow the sign to go to Sammaksa temple. Then, you can find the Yeombulsa temple on the way to Sammaksa temple.

Actaully Sammaksa temple is much more popular than Yeombulsa temple because It was built in 677, Silla dynasty and founded by Wonhyo who is revered monk and other monks.
Visit Sammaksa temple too if you have enough time. :-) 

 

http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_1_1_1.jsp?cid=819919



Since I have only been there from my home, I don't know how to explain going there from Gwanak station exactly. 
Feel free to contact me if you have a plan or any question. 
I will be more than happy to help you to find the temple. :-)